You received a message from Balder indicating that he had something important to tell you concerning the Abyss. Go to the Great Temple to meet him.
Quest Information Edit
Basic Reward Edit
- 10,000 XP
You obtain this quest once you reach level 25. Talk with Balder to update quest. Balder is located in the Great Temple in Pandaemonium. Now meet with Therf located in Triniel Coliseum and update. Report back to Balder to finish quest and obtain reward.
Initial Dialogue Edit
- "Azphel's blessings upon you, [Player Name]. It's time that we spoke of your future.
- I didn't think this moment would come so soon, but there's no denying it has arrived.
- Do you know what I'm talking about?"
- "I'm sorry, I don't."
- "You are far more experienced now than you were when you first ascended. Your courage is proven, your expertise respected.
- It's high time you prepared yourself for the challenge ahead of you. I speak, of course, of the Abyss.
- Understand this...the Abyss is like nothing you have seen before. It is a place of horror, insanity, and lethal violence. Before you can travel there, you must be tested."
- "I see."
- I hope you do. Up to now you've faced Sapiens and Lepharists, but in the Abyss you'll be up against beings as powerful as yourself. Elyos Daevas--and of course the Balaur.
- To prepare you to face other Daevas, we have a Coliseum. I'm sending you to Therf to learn what you need to know, and receive practical instruction in duelling[sic]. Now go."
- "On my way!"
Intermediate Dialogue Edit
- "Ah, more qualification tests? Well, if you want to survive in the Abyss, you should hone your skills fighting your fellow Daevas here.
- Elyos infest the Abyss. You might encounter whole phalanxes of them, or you could run into a lone skirmisher while carrying out a mission.
- Do you want to stand there frozen with panic, or strike swiftly and make a kill?"
- "Make the kill!"
- "Blood for blood! That's why you have to practice and prepare yourself. Battle in the Abyss isn't clean and it isn't civilized. When you encounter the enemy your combat reactions have to be second nature.
- At this arena, everyone fights. Choose any of the Daevas here and fight a duel with them.
- When you think you've practiced as much as you can for today, go back to see High Priest Balder."
- "I'll get started."
Reward Dialogue Edit
- "So [Player Name], have you experienced the honor of dueling in Triniel Coliseum?
- It's not the same as fighting in the Abyss--but nothing is. It's still a wise preparation.
- Do you think you're ready to fight against the Elyos and Balaur in the Abyss?"
- "I am. Blood for blood!"
- "Your confidence does you credit, [Player Class].
- But you are not yet fully prepared for the Abyss.
- I have further tests."
To prepare you to fight other Daevas in the Abyss, Balder told you to go to the Triniel Coliseum and fight duels against your fellow Daevas.
You participated in duels under Therf's guidance, and came back. Balder said there would be more tests to come.
External Links Edit