Fire Temple (FT) is a group instance for players of level 28 and above. Since the 6.0 update it is also the first group instance players will encounter in the game. This underground shrine is home to , a former Asmodian Shadow Judge who fled here after the events of Kromede's Trial. On particularly difficult days, she will show up as .
Ever since its release Fire Temple has served as one of Aion's most played instances: it was the first instance that dropped Fabled class weapons, and was the main source of EXP for players between levels 30-40 (mainly from related quests) throughout the entirety of the game's history.
The instance features many different pathways and rooms, but most players just stick to the 'main' route (the green dotted line in the screenshot) which will take them straight to the the final boss. Upon entering proceed down the pathway, sticking to the middle to avoid aggroing any unnecessary mobs. Go down the ramp at the end but wait before turning down the left corridor: will soon appear, and will need to be slain in order to proceed. Once done turn left and make your way up, taking care to not step off the path and fall into the lava pools beneath.
The path will open into a large, spacious room filled with Mugolems and patrolling Gargoyles. It is recommended to get to the middle of the room, where the player will either find a regular Mugolem mob or , and then head for the upwards path located to the right. Stay close to the wall on the left to prevent aggroing additional mobs. Atop of the path will be another Mogulem; after defeating it turn left once again. You will now head down the path into the Temple Interior.
The Temple Interior will have numerous monsters in it, but only a few or need to be killed to clear a path to the final boss, which will either be or . All people except for the tank should keep their distance, as she has various close-range AoE skills. Put an end to her antics and claim the loot to clear the Fire Temple.
Unique Drops Edit
| || |
- Treasure Box (33)
- Black Smoke Aspern (35)
Related quests Edit
- [Coin/Group] Courting Disaster [?]
- The Fire Temple is one of the few instances that has been left virtually unaltered by the 6.0 update, being an almost identical copy of its original, pre-5.8 version. The main difference is the raised minimum entry level (+1) and the adjusted loot.
- The instance also also appeared as a playable zone in another game developed by NCSoft, following its status as Aion's trademark instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aEReUz5lRU
- Before the 6.0 update this instance was located in the Sky Temple of Arkanis in Morheim (Asmodians), although Elyos players could also access it through a door in Kyola Temple in Eltnen.
- In its early days it also had certain prerequisites before it could be entered: Asmodian players had to complete a [Group] quest, while Elyos players would have to be lucky enough to find a quest item drop on a monster in the region around the entrance. After the 2.1 update this requirement was lifted.