Enshar, also known as VengarEU, is the right half of the sunken continent that was uncovered during the Upheaval. It was since occupied by the Asmodians and now serves as the primary levelling zone for level 56-75 Asmodian characters.
The map is connected to its Elyos counterpart, Cygnea, through different types of rifts that frequently appear in the landscape. Due to the frequent appearances of these rifts, Asmodian players are advised to travel in groups where possible.
Accessing Enshar[edit | edit source]
- Via the Teleporter NPC in Pandemonium or Gelkmaros (Asmodians).
- Via rifts that spawn in Cygnea (Elyos).
History[edit | edit source]
A land with two names, wrenched forth from the depths of a reluctant ocean, bares its face anew to the sun and sky. Secrets long drowned fill Cygnea and Enshar with a spark of mystery and foreboding. A darkness hangs over these lands, casting a shadow over each meeting of blades. Filled with aquatic creatures and treacherous, alien terrain, these lost lands hold secrets best left forgotten.
Residing on the other half of the risen island is Enshar, home of the Tehji tribes and claimed by the Asmodian people as their base of operations. Explore lush coral-speckled landscapes and towering organic trees that sway on the wind like a jellyfish in the sea.
-Official description from the 4.8 Patchnotes.
Lay of the Land[edit | edit source]
Compared to Cygnea, Enshar sees a more varied and hostile landscape. The roads are curved instead of straightforward, wrenching into all corners of the map, and the wildlife is quick to prey on traveller who stray even the tiniest bit from the main roads. Add up the numerous Elyos incursions, and the aspiring Asmodian hero will find Enshar a challenging yet exciting place to explore.
The map itself littered with ruins, giant fossils and other scenery hinting at its previously submerged status. Asmodian players start at the Dragonrest Temple (top-right) at level 56 and steadily work their way through the map until they eventually reach Shriekfang Crown (level 75). On their journey players will encounter the Tehji tribe, the native inhabitants of Enshar, and may seek them out for assistance and quests that detail the history of the land. This proves a benefit that the Elyos lack, as there are no friendly native species occupying Cygnea.
Enshar has no neutral zones and is occasionally subject to Elyos incursions. There are three outposts which can be reached via flight transport from the starting base, and each of these outposts provide an additional teleport to the nearest Territory Village. Along the roads players will find several heavily-fortified gates and outposts that offer some protection and prevent the Elyos from freely traversing the map, although some of these outposts can easily be circumvented.
As part of the Pandora Development Agency feature, Cloudtalon Valley, Wavehollow Brink and Leviathan's Ruin are blocked off and only become accessible through the rifts which spawn when the event takes place.
Instances[edit | edit source]
Solo Instances[edit | edit source]
Group Instances[edit | edit source]
Removed Instances[edit | edit source]
- Aturam Sky Fortress [Solo; 55+]
- Raksang Ruins [Solo; 60+]
- Sealed Danuar Mysticarium [Solo; 65+]
- Sealed Argent Manor [Solo; 65+]
- Danuar Sanctuary [Group; 63+]
- Seized Danuar Sanctuary [Group; 65+] (Elyos only)
- Ophidan Bridge [Group; 63+]
- Occupied Rentus Base [Group; 65+] (Elyos only)
- Stonespear Siege [Alliance; 65+]
- Anguished Dragon Lord's Refuge [Alliance; 65+] (Elyos only)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Enshar used to be a map for 56-65 Asmodian characters. After the 6.0 update this level range was extended to 56-75 (due to the map taking over Norsvold's role).
- Originally Elyos players needed to travel to Enshar via rifts to access the Hard Mode versions of several of their instances. These higher difficulty versions were removed with the update. Rifts leading to this map subsequently received level restrictions to prevent higher level players from venturing into the region.
- The map's three villages used to be part of the Territory Challenge. Legions could compete in the Stonespear Siege instance for ownership over the villages, granting its members additional benefits. This system was removed with the update, and the villages were refurbished into regular questing outposts.
- As part of the Territory Challenge, Volatile Rifts would appear in the map's three hunting zones (Cloudtalon Valley, Leviathan's Ruin, Wavehollow Brink) every day. Asmodian players could use these to travel to Cygnea, prompting special elite-grade monsters to spawn on the other side which could then be hunted down in groups to advance the Legion Task related to the Territory Challenge.
- The map also used to have an Idian Depths access portal that would appear on select moments.The World of Atreia
Race Asmodae Elysea The Abyss Balaurea