Talk with and receive your first mission as a Daeva.
Quest Information Edit
Basic Reward Edit
- 1,500 XP
Optional Reward Edit
Speak with your skill trainer in the Great Temple to obtain the quest. Travel to Vifrost Bridge and speak with Doman to update quest. Now travel to Altgard and give Meiyer Thialfi's Recommendation to complete the quest and receive reward.
Initial Dialogue Edit
- "Ascension often follows a shock. A grave wound can do it, or the sight of a kinsman struck down. The destiny sleeping within you rises up to meet the challenge, and by the Shedim Lords, you've got wings!
- What was it for you, [Player Name]? What hit you so hard you awoke to Daevahood?"
- "Munin? The same Munin that was imprisoned in a crystal cage? Now I understand why there's so much gossip about you.
- I thought it was the company you used to keep. Being a raider is an example of a "colorful background," thought, and heeding Munin's words is more like "heresy, if not treason."
- You know why Munin was exiled in the first place? The prophecies about the Thirteenth Empyrean Lord!"
- "Thirteenth Empyrean Lord?"
- "Yes, but that's all I'm saying. There's a reason why there are empty crystal cages next to Munin's.
- Get your head out of those prophecy-clouds, and focus on the task at hand: proving yourself. People here are going to be wary of you until you've shown yourself as a true-blooded Asmodian...especially with the likes of you-know-who among your associates.
- "Fortunately for you, you've been given your first assignment--Altgard Fortress."
- "Wow. Lucky me..."
- "I was surprised too. Altgard's much too tough for most newly ascended Daeva, if you ask me.
- Oh, you'll probably come through all right, but I expect you'll end up making the Soul Healers a lot of money on the way. You'll be begging them to send you to the Abyss before too long, I'm sure.
- I take it you're accepting the assignment, then?"
- "That's the spirit. Blood for blood! Take this letter of recommendation to Altgard Fortress.
- Once you're there, give the letter to Centurion Meiyer, and you'll be his[sic] problem--or he'll be yours--from then on.
- Altgard Fortress is easy to reach. Just ask Doman in the Gate of Pandaemonium."
- "Blood for blood."
- "What are you, Elyos on the inside?
- The Asmodian code isn't just words. Blood for blood, remember? We Asmodians stick together. We do not let each other down."
Intermediate Dialogue Edit
- "Nice to see you at last, [Player Name]. I was starting to wonder...sometimes new Daevas can't cope with the responsibility that accompanies those wings.
- Altgard Fortress, is it? Good. More meat for the grinder! When you're ready to go, just say the word."
- "I'm ready."
Reward Dialogue Edit
- "The new Daeva from Pandaemonium...hmmm. Welcome to the Altgard Fortress!
- already written to me about you. Looks like he thought you could use a guiding hand. "Go easy on [Player Name]," it says here. "Relatively inexperienced. Recent ascension."
- There's too much father and not enough soldier in ol' Heimdall."
- "Here's my letter of recommendation."
- "The paperwork is all in order. Did give you your assignment yet? Get over there as soon as you can.
- Hurry! You don't want to hear Suthran's "more disappointed than angry" speech."
When Thialfi asked you what made you ascend, you explained that Munin's prophecy was the trigger. Thialfi advised you not to mention Munin's name in Pandaemonium.
Ordering you to go to the Altgard Fortress, Thialfi gave you a recommendation letter. You went to Altgard Fortress and met Centurion Meiyer.
- The initial dialogue with Thialfi refers to Meiyer as male, when in fact, she is female.