Cradle of Eternity (CoE), also called Garden of KnowledgeEU, is a 3-player group instance for players of level 76 and above. Introduced in the 5.1 update, it is currently accessible from the scout posts in the Lebu Forest ( Elyos) and the Mysterious Mushroom Dwelling ( Asmodian) in Lakrum. This mysterious ancient sanctuary holds primordial knowledge, but has been corrupted by a shadowy presence.
After the 6.0 update is has become a prime source for Ancient-grade gear and enchantment stones. Players go here to acquire and improve their first actual gear, which replaces the starter set awarded by the campaign quests.
As the excursion into the Archives of Eternity was a success, a mysterious portal to the unknown opened up in the main chamber of the library. (E)/ (A) sent an expedition squad to discover the secrets held by this new space. However, this proved to be impossible, as soldiers sent here were forced to retreat.
As the hero is asked to aid the guards in the intrusion, powerful enemies are found inside, but valuable allies are also met. The former tenders of the garden revealed how the deepest sections of the sanctuary holds an colossal ancient tree, called the All-Knowing Tree, which is believed to hold the information from the early time of creation. Through the years however, a corruption has slowly worked its way across the garden, taking over it. The origin of this; a being called , a devious and deadly snake, which even managed to pollute the mind of the former protectors of the gardens, claiming the base of the tree as his throne.
The Agent has already infiltrated the garden, and Daevas must present their aid to free the inhabitants and put an end to the ancient evil ruler.
Serene Plaza Edit
The group will zone in to the Advance Unit Refuge, a small platform within the first garden. Quest NPCs can be found here, as well as a Teleporting Stone Device as new sections of the map are opened. Depending on how much the group progresses through, they may teleport back to their last save point through this device without needing to walk all the way through (this device can only be used within the same run, as when the instance resets, so will this device).
In order to access the second garden, the group must defeat the first boss; the , however in order to do that they must first access the Conqueror's Sanctuary, a separate chamber only unsealed when the , found guarding frontal door to the chamber, is killed. By going to the Conqueror's Sanctuary and interacting with the door they may access the chamber, starting the encounter immediately.
Conqueror's Sanctuary Edit
During the encounter, the will make use of a variety of attacks, most related to movement. They include; (dealing damage on a target and others around the primary target), (dealing damage in a straight line), (reducing movement speed of a target and the ones around it), (a cone-shaped AoE), (reducing movement speed of nearby targets) and (paralyzing a target).
However, its most dangerous feature is spawning four , each on one corner of the platform. There are three waves of these, and will take place depending on the HP of the boss and the DPS of the players. While the are present, the will receive the shield buff, making it invulnerable to damage. Due to how hard these secondary mobs hit, it is best to eliminate them instantly, and pop defensive buffs if needed. Additionally, from time to time, will go off, lighting up certain tiles on the platform, which after a few seconds will explode, dealing damage on people standing on them. This can be countered by moving to the tiles which do not light up.
Having defeated the , the group may loot its body for a chance at enchantment stones. The way out of the Conqueror's Sanctuary will be unlocked, freeing up the . Using the door behind him, the group will be teleported to the access point to the second garden.
Sylfaen Garden Edit
The first save point will be activated after fighting though a couple of mobs. Groups will be able to automatically teleport from the Advance Unit Refuge to this point from now on.
The party will then be able to proceed to the Sylfaen Garden Entrance (the second garden), where they will meet the again, this time, fighting the . Interacting with the will allow the group to aid him against his corrupted comrade. Turn right and break down the door, either defeating the monsters while heading down the ramp or running past them. The windstream will bring players to the Library Gap, connecting to the Corrupt Library.
The contaminated library is a full-flight area, and the bottom of the floor is covered in a vile substance which will deal damage on those who stand on it. From here the group may head to Vid's Secret Library and fight the second boss, the .
Vid's Secret Library Edit
The fight will begin as soon as the group zones in. Through the first stage, the will use (a small AoE which will inflict damage), (a frontal fan shaped AoE which will reduce movement speed), (all-room-wide Aether's Hold state, followed by ) and (an AoE stun).
He will summon to aid him, but they can be safely ignored. They will however use (a single target attack) and (putting a target into a silenced and bound state). If players wish to avoid being affected by these skills, avoid directly attacking them due to how extremely resilient these mobs are. They can be disposed of by forcing them to stand on the circles summoned on the ground by the when using . Avoid remaining too long on them, as their damage is rather dangerous.
Leaving Vid's Secret Library will teleport players in the Storm Cliff, a small side corridor annex to the main libraries. From here the group can follow the path to reach the windstream leading to the next section of the instance; the Core of Knowledge.
Core of Knowledge Edit
When the Central Entrance is accessed, players will find another teleport stone which will be activated. Quest NPCs are also located here. Ahead, Elyos and Asmodian guards will be fighting each other and can be safely ignored in order to proceed forward to the Memorial Path. Purple smoke clouds will begin to follow players around. They cannot be avoided or warded off, and whenever they reach a target which is hostile to the party, the target will receive the buff, boosting their offensive stats. Moving to the Advance Unit Assembly Area, the group will meet (E)/ (A) again, preparing for the final battle in the instance against the source of all corruption; . Making use of the teleporter, players will be transported to the Spring of Knowledge, giving a start to the boss encounter immediately.
Spring of Knowledge Edit
The fight is composed of two phases. During the first one, all group members will receive the debuff, disabling them from flying. It is important to note that if the whole group gets killed, the fight will restart all the way back to the beginning.
The first phase is composed of , with fire-damage attacks, and , with poison-based attacks. The objective is to defeat both of them within a 10 seconds window. If the attempt fails, the fight will start over, and the defeated snake will rise back up with full health. The strategy is to assign one player to one snake, with the third player healing or assisting either player where needed. normal skills include (a single target attack) and (inflicting damage on targets within a line), while will be (single target) and (line attack).
Their most crucial skills however are the red circles summoned by (casting this skill on a target, the section he is standing on will be covered by a red circle, inflicting damage on whoever stands on them). As for , it will use (a delayed effect attack, spawning a green circle around them, showing that any other person standing on it when the effect goes off will also receive the damage), (a debuff which will inflict ongoing damage on the affected targets for hours and cannot be removed) and (a single target attack).
Part of the difficulty from this fight comes with these skills. However, they can be countered by certain abilities used by the opposite snake. For instance, the red circles from will remain and if not dealt with appropriately, they will slowly cover the whole platform. As such, the red circles can be vanished by making target stand on them when it uses . The poison effect from can only be removed by standing on the circles spawned from .
The placement of the circles is crucial. The player tanking must keep in mind that where he stands when the cast finishes (with a one second delay) is where the centre of the circle will be. During the first phase, he should try to place them between both bosses (without disturbing the player tanking ) or a bit more to the back left, stacking them up to two on top of each other.
With both snakes defeated the debuff will be lifted. Players should spread their wings to avoid the clouds of smoke that will cover the platform, as they will easily kill anyone that stands at them. will appear and must be fought while in the air, at a sufficient altitude. This phase is easy, as will just stick to using (a frontal AoE) and .
Once the campaign versions of the quest are completed, the repeatable version will be unlocked. The standard version is automatically acquired inside the instance as the player steps in to the appropriate section. All quests within this instance can be turned in through the Bounty feature.
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] Urgent Summons [?]
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] Lost Agent Viola [?]
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] Traveling with the Earth Jotun [?]
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] Reunion with Agent Viola [?]
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] Insightful Eye [?]
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] Escape from the Contaminated Library [?]
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] Evil Spirit Typhon [?]
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] Urgent Call [?]
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] Lost Agent Peregrine [?]
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] Traveling Companion Earth Jotun [?]
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] Reunion with Agent Peregrine [?]
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] Eye of the Ruler [?]
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] How to get to the Storm Cliff [?]
- [Instanced Dungeon/Group] Ruler Typhon [?]
- This instance originally was a 6-player group instance for level 66+ players. It was accessible from the Reflection of Eternity pillar within the Tower of Eternity and the Archive of All Knowledge in the Archives of Eternity once the final boss has been defeated. After the 6.0 update its format was adjusted, and it was moved to its current location.
- It was second instance of the three-part grouping, which begins in the Archives of Eternity, and the sequel being Trials of Eternity.
- This instance originally had a lot of side quests and optional areas, which either held treasure chests or were used to unlock double loot from the instance's bosses. After the 6.0 update all these areas were removed, leaving on a straightforward path for the player to follow.
- Bandits of Greed would sometimes appear in this instance. They spawned down the ramp from the Advance Unit Refuge (starting area).
- This instance is composed of five different layers; one for each boss room, the main gardens and the Core of Knowledge.
- Three main Jotun tenders are portrayed, each of them representing an element crucial to make a plant grow. They are the (soil), the (energy) and the (water). As tenders of the gardens, their original task was to look after the All-Knowing Tree in the Core of Knowledge.
- Players would be required to complete the final campaign in Archives of Eternity in order to access this instance, as well as having finished the final campaign in Cradle of Eternity in order to enter Trials of Eternity. This requirement was lifted shortly after 5.6.
- (based on his original name) is based on the Greek mythological creature Python. This creature guarded an artifact of great importance until it was slain by Apollo.
- While the name was changed to "Typhon" for the western release, it keeps the reference to the original meaning, as Typhon is said to share origins with Python.
- Ironically, the instance's former armor set would be called "Apollon's", named after the deity that killed Python.
- The purple clouds in the Core of Knowledge cannot be attacked or targeted, however they can be CCed through AoEs.
- The instance is referred to as "ideternity_02" in files.
- The instance has been nerfed overtime.
- and would recover HP overtime due to .
- would summon Explosive Zygotes, which would explode soon afterwards.
- The final fight against would originally consist of three phases. The first and third one would be similar to the current instance. The second one would involve fighting all three Typhon variants at the same time, borrowing aspects of the first phase (such as taking down and in the same way) with the added difficulty of having throwing all-room-wide effects.