- Tempest Shipyard
- "I'm so glad you talked to me! I was wondering... could I become a Daeva like you?
- Mom says I can, but Dad says an honest life on the docks was good enough for him and it'll be good enough for me.
- So I promised Mom I'd ask, just to calm her down. Could I ascend? Ever?"
- "If it's your destiny, yes."
- "No one can say."
- "Oh, everyone says that. But... have you heard of those Elyos who think they can ascend through penance?
- They starve themselves, put themselves through all kinds of suffering. the more they suffer, the holier they get. Sounds insane to me.
- I guess I'll carry on working at the docks for now. I'll tell Mom it's down to destiny, and she shouldn't worry about it anymore."
- "Excellent idea."