Abyss Points refers to points accumulated by players in a variety of ways, which are used to calculate the players Abyss Rank in the game. There are a number of different ways to gain AP including:
- Fighting opposing faction players in PvP.
- Killing NPCs in Reshanta or Balaurea.
- Completing quests that offer AP rewards.
- In Battlegrounds.
- Turning in AP Relics.
PvP and Abyss Points Edit
Abyss Points are not only earned, but can also be lost when defeated by an opposing faction player. Defeating a higher ranked enemy yields more Abyss Points than killing a lower ranked opponent. For example, killing a Level 46 Abyss Rank 1 player will result in more AP than killing a Level 46 Abyss Rank 7 opponent. Similarly, being killed by a higher Abyss Rank opponent will result in a greater loss of your AP.
Abyss Tab in Profile Edit
The Abyss Points earned can be viewed in the Abyss Tab of the Profile. Your current Abyss Rank will be displayed along with the required points to achieve the next rank. As well, you will see your weekly total kills and AP as well as an overall total for kills and top Rank. Clicking on the Abyss Rank will list both individual and legion rankings for Asmodians and Elyos.
Benefits of AP Edit
Earning AP brings several benefits:
- Increased Abyss Rank (only below 1 Star Officer).
- If you are a member of a legion it will count to the Legion .Contribution Points towards the Legion ranking.
- Ability to purchase Abyss items from Contribution Merchants such as weapons, armor and consumables.
- Abyss Points used to be used for Augmenting gear.