You need more information before you can search for the Black Opal. Go look around the pirate ship for any information.
Quest Information Edit
Basic Reward Edit
The map you are looking for is on the pirate ship due south of Anturoon Crossing. Kill the Lepharists on the way and you will find the map on the deck of the ship at the end of the dock.
Initial Dialogue Edit
- "First things first--we need more information on this Black Opal before we can start looking for it. Ishalgen is huge--without so much as a hint, we'll never find a pearl.
- [Player Name], I need you to help me."
- "What do you need from me?"
- "I need you to get more information from them. Surely they wouldn't have landed here without good reason.
- That reason has to be somewhere on that ship."
- "So what do I look for?"
- "You'll probably need to find a Treasure Map or something similar. It should be a simple task to get aboard the ship. You know what to expect from the Lepharist rabble now.
- Of course, this should probably stay between us...
- How about it?"
- "That's what I like to hear!
- Hurry over to the coast and board that ship. I don't care if you sneak on or chew through every one of those treasure hunters to get aboard. The important thing is that we get that Treasure Map.
- Oh, I should mention--don't even think about taking the map for yourself. I know how to find a man when I need to, and I won't take kindly to being fooled.
- Now--off with ya!"
- "On my way."
- "No time,huh?[sic] That's unexpected.
- You better not be planning to put one over on me--finding the map for yourself and the like.
- If that's your plan, I can promise you'll be real sorry..."
- "Find someone else."
Reward Dialogue Edit
- "You're late!
- I was starting to think you'd been caught by those Lepharists and held prisoner or drowned...thank Azphel you're okay!
- Was it worth it? Did you find a Treasure Map?"
- "Here it is."
- "I love it when a plan comes together!
- I love it even more when cohorts remain loyal--and quiet. You did well, [Player Name]. There are many Lepharists around that ship. The fact that you returned at all proves your skill.
- Now, let's have a look at this map..."
More information was needed before you could start looking for the Black Opal. You searched the pirate ship for clues and found a map showing the treasure site. You brought it to Lidun, just as she requested.