Quest Information Edit
- Tecoma Wood (0/3)
Basic Reward Edit
Gather at least six Tecoma Logs in the Moslan Forest, as it takes two logs to make one Tecoma Wood. You will need a gather level of at least 30. Because you may fail during the craft, it is a good idea to gather a few extra. Return to Pandaemonium craft the logs into wood and give them to Lanse.
Initial Dialogue Edit
- "AaaaaAAAARGH!.WHY did he promise this in the FIRST place?
- We're at WAR! And those brax-brained officials want a chair with elaborate hand work! Engravings! Carvings! Silver inlay! Has he no clue? Is his brain addled? AM I THE ONLY SANE PERSON IN ALL OF PANDAEMONIUM?
- Why me, [Player Class]? Why does he hate me so? Why didn't he just push me over the edge and have done with it?"
- "Maybe you could start at the beginning..."
- "I took the position of handicraft master a couple of days ago. THEN I find out that my predecessor, may Worgs gnaw on his misshapen ribs, promised to make a chair for the Governor!
- I told him we didn't have the time. "No time," I said. I explained that we didn't have the materials. "No materials," I said. "Oh, you can handle it," he said.
- So the whole job gets dumped in my lap! What's worse, we're almost out of wood!"
- "Perhaps I can help."
- "Oh, if you could, I's adore you forever. What I need most is Tecoma Wood. There are lots of Tecoma Log in the Moslan Forest.
- Altgard is a ways off, true, but gathering wood isn't difficult. I's do it myself, but...well, you see how swamped we are!
- "Will you help save what's left of my sanity, [Player Name]?"
- "Magnificent! I need you to cut down Tecoma trees in the Moslan Forest and trim them on the workbench.
- If you're busy but have the Kinah, you could buy the wood that someone else has trimmed. I don't care either way--I just need that wood.
- Oh, one last thing! Make sure you get lots of raw material. You'll likely ruin some of it on your first few tries."
- "I'll do my best"
- "Fine! FINE! Just go your own sweet way, and I'll find some way to cope!
- But I wouldn't walk past this place after dark if I were you! I'm a mean shot with a thrown chisel."
- "Sorry, I'm just too busy."
Reward Dialogue Edit
- "Oh, there you are! I was about ready to try making the chair from offcuts!
- Did you bring me three pieces of Tecoma Wood? Tell me you did. Oh please."
- "Here's your Tecoma Wood."
- "Oh, BLESS you, [Player Name]! Now I can make the chair for the Governor!
- So many Daevas to teach, so many commissions to carry out, so many other people's promises to keep. Such is my destiny, I suppose."
Lanse, the newly appointed handicraft master, was in trouble because of her predecessor's promise. To help her make the chair for Governor[sic], you fashioned three pieces of Tecoma Wood and gave them to her.